Committee:Transportation & Communications
The EBC encourages the continued opening up of HND airport slots. In addition, improved “on or near airport” facilities, including for catering and cargo are needed. The new air corridor at HND will enable a reduction in fuel consumption through a more direct approach, which will have a positive impact on the environment.
- HND was opened up to international traffic, including flights to and from Europe, on a non-discriminatory basis.
- More space for catering and cargo suppliers has been allocated at HND, in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs for operators.
- Additional car park facilities have been added at HND to alleviate waiting times for parking spaces. This has improved quick access to the airport.
- Numbers of immigration staff has been increased at all international airports as waiting times continue to be excessively high.
- The “early landing gear down” policy at NRT has been re-evaluated in consultation with local communities, on environmental as well as cost grounds, as it results in higher fuel consumption and increases noise.
- The Government has implemented the opening of the new air corridor at HND as announced.