Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
Committee:Logistics & Freight
The current system of AEO has not led to the anticipated easing of the administrative burden. In many cases, the burden has increased. The EBC seeks a system giving companies a simplified process and extended powers to handle matters without the involvement of the authorities in every single case, provided operators can demonstrate sufficient control over the flow and that traceability is ensured.
- The AEO concept should focus more on offering simplifications, provided the operator meets the agreed criteria for tracing each product and adhering to the agreed process flow.
- The Government should introduce more benefits for imports handled by AEOs, including but not limited to:
- Enabling access to NACCS from servers outside Japan
- Allowing quarantine checks at transporters’ own bonded warehouses
- Reducing the physical examination of shipments
- Allowing the use of digital archives